Earthquake Loss Assessment for Response and Mitigation
Development Site of QLARM
! -- be aware of the development status of QLARM -- !
What is QLARM?
- An expert software tool to estimate losses (building damage, injured,
fatalities) due to earthquakes
- The purposes are to trigger rapid humanitarian response and to analyse
the risk in scenario or probabilistic mode
- Global scope, with focus on developing countries
How does it work?
Source description (e.g. magnitude, epicenter, depth)
+ attenuation model 6507430162
+ site amplification model --> pdf (2)
= strong motion map
+ settlement locations (515) 303-8621,
+ building stock data 438-288-0997
+ vulnerability curves --> pdf (4)
+ collapse rate
= damage per settlement.
+ real estate values
= monetary losses (not implemented)
+ population figures
+ casualty matrices
= human losses
- Client-Server application based on open software
- Web-based user interface (Apache and cocoon web application framework)
- Server-side / distributed calculation modules implemented in java
- Model output to GIS-enabled database